Friday, December 26, 2008

Amy's Sidewalk Spectacular Fireworks Display--Naga, Philippines!

December 24, 2008: We were invited to spend Christmas Eve night at the Lopez home. Brother and Sister Lopez (Tess and Sandy) are my parents very good friends. The Lopez's were the ones who catered dinner for the missionaries at the North Zone Conference the first day we arrived. Dinner at their home was a treat! Here's Brother and Sister Lopez followed by a photo of our yummy food. Elder and Sister West are also in the picture behind me. They are the mission couple who replaced my mom and dad after they were called to be the Mission President and wife.





After dinner we had Amy's Sidewalk Spectacular Fireworks Display-Philippines! Brother Lopez lite off the fireworks I had purchased--it's a good thing he did because the fuses were kinda short. In the photo below, I'm checking out my big firework. Brother Lopez is standing to the left holding his "lighter"...a candle attached to the end of a long stick. I'm going to make one to use at home!


Here's the happy crowd of firework watchers! I'd say we had a crowd of over 100 neighbors to watch the show! At the end of this post are a few video clips of the firework displays.

After the fireworks show, Terri and I were able to take a pudjack ride.

And finally, we ended the evening at the mission home with some traditional Christmas Eve activies...reading Christmas scriptures and opening open gift, which just happened to be PJ pants, thanks to my sister-in-law Janelle.


Here's a video of my BIG firework!

Here's a video of the firecrackers!

Here's a video of the bottle rockets.

No comments: